Not just for the kids anymore, this First Edition “1998 Collector’s Edition” was designed to appeal to the adult NASCAR enthusiast. And, with attendance records like last Saturday’s race in Kentucky attracting over 107,000 attendees, you can understand why Mattel is seriously eyeing this market.
If an effort to target this market with realistic collectibles, the Hot Wheels Pro Racing diecast scale 1/64 th is being produced by Mattel. Interestingly, Mattel makes an effort to copy as many of the details of each one of the NASCAR race cars as possible. This particular collectible is the McDonand’s sponsored race car driven by Bill Elliott.
Some of the unique features of this Hot Wheel are the following:
- McDonald’s logo on the rear quarter panel
- #94 on both doors and top
- Goodyear Eagle “rubber tires”
- Red in color
- Bill Elliott signature on both sides of the roof
- Ford Taurus emblem on front
- Bill Elliott “Upper Deck” card included in blister pack
- 50th anniversary emblem on blister packaging
- Car comes with red interior with black role bar
- Reeses logo on trunk
- Red medal chassis “diecast”
This is only one of the many ‘collectible’ race cars NASCAR has licensed Mattel to produce and offer on the market. With the ever growing popularity of NASCAR plus the fact that these replicas are very affordable, this is a good hobby for the adult collector – particulary those on a limnited budget.